2014 GA State Championship
The close of the 2013 GA State Championship came with an announcement that the match would be moving back to South River Gun Club for 2014. But as fate would have it, the Match Director for the 2014 Area 6 match was offered a job opportunity that couldn't be passed up and left the status of the Area 6 match up in the air. South River Gun Club, no stranger to the GA State or the Area 6 match, was announced as the new home for the Area 6 match for 2014 and Cherokee Gun Club has agreed to again take up the match for 2014! Much thanks go out to Erik Kopp and his crew at South River and to Peter Oliver and his crew at Cherokee Gun Club for stepping up and ensuring the 2014 season will be another sucessful year for shooting in the Souteast.
2014 will bring a change to the way the match is executed with match staff shooting on Thursday and competitors shooting on Friday and Saturday. We will still be enjoying the fantastic half-day format that has been a hallmark of shooting at Cherokee Gun Club but Peter is working hard to try and accommodate as many shooters as possible wihtout impacting the traditional great match flow Cherokee is known for.
Congratulations go out for the outstanding performance of our 2013 High Overall and GA State Champions in each division!
- Production (94 competitors)
- Mathew Sirmans - High Overall
- Sean Murphy - GA State Champion
- Limited (69 competitors)
- Dave Sevigny - High Overall & GA State Champion (repeat from 2012!)
- Open (61 competitors)
- KC Eusebio - High Overall & GA State Champion (repeat from 2012!)
- Limited 10 (19 competitors)
- Denny Clifton - High Overall
- Jansen Jones - GA State Champion
- Single Stack (19 competitors)
- Randy Arrowood - High Overall & GA State Champion
- Revolver (5 competitors)
- John Zaczek - High Overall
Our sponsors are an integral part of putting on a match of this size and scope. Please continue to show your support of these sponsors by checking out our sponsors page the next time you find yourself in need of something to support your shooting habit.